Bandera cubana/Cuban flag

Bandera cubana/Cuban flag

Monday, June 7, 2010

When I was born

I was born in Havana, 1997, my parents had been together for about 3 years and they already had tried to have a baby, but it died. So I'm an only child, they never tried again. My dad was super excited, to the point where he had diarrhea because he couldn't control his excitement, and my mom was in the hospital thinking of a name. No one knew what to name me. So my uncle Orlando and my aunt Caridad come to visit my mom in the hospital and say "You should stop worrying so much. You should just name him Ricardo, like his father." So that was how it would be. I was born Ricardo Montano Alvarez, with my parents being Ricardo Montano Navarro and my mom being Barbara de los Angeles Alvarez Rodriguez. My godfathers were Caridad and Orlando. I was baptized in the Catholic fashion. I was then taken home in a friends of my dad's car, and we got home where my parents had already bought some clothes and put them on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment